Listed below are a list of header level models that AppZen uses to flag high risk invoices.
- Government-associated entity: AppZen checks if the vendor/supplier listed on the invoice is a government associated entity or not.
- Suspicious Address: AppZen checks if the vendor/supplier address listed is a residential address or not.
- Debarred entity: AppZen checks if the vendor/supplier is a debarred vendor or not
- Sanctioned entity: AppZen checks if the supplier/vendor is associated with government sanctioned companies.
- Foreign official or politically-exposed person: AppZen checks if any foreign officials or politically exposed individuals were involved in this transaction.
- Duplicate invoice: Ensures that the invoice attachment is not a duplicate. Searches past invoices for this supplier to identify duplicate invoices. It looks for the exact image.
- Duplicate invoice: exact: Looks across suppliers, POs, and at the PDF to see if this is a duplicate. If one of these is a match, it flags high risk.
- Duplicate invoice fuzzy: Looks at invoice status, PO number, and a close or “fuzzy” match with the invoice number.
- Duplicate invoice amount: Checks for duplicate based on amount, date and PO
- Duplicate between invoice and expense image: Checks for duplicate between invoice and expense using the image, electronic data and OCR extraction for amount, merchant and date at header level.
- Duplicate between invoice and expense header: Mixes OCR and electronic data to look for duplicates. Looks at date, amount and merchant.
- Duplicate invoice line: Looks at invoice line description, line amount, quantity and unit price. If a match is found, the line is marked for high risk.
Invoice Trend Anomalies
- Sudden spike in charges: If a sudden uptick is detected in the total amount across all the invoices for a particular supplier/vendor, then the supplier invoice with high total amount is marked as high risk.
- Consecutive invoice numbers: AppZen marks invoices for high risk if consecutive invoices numbers are found for a supplier/vendor.
- Quantity Anomaly: If the quantity of a purchased product across multiple invoices exceeds the predicted demand, then an anomaly is detected and the invoice is marked for high risk.
- Payment term mismatch - contract: AppZen marks an invoice for high risk if the payment term listed on invoice does not match with the payment term listed on the contract or if the payment term on invoice is less than the one mentioned on the contract for a supplier/vendor
- Competitive price: AppZen marks the invoice line as high risk if the value charged by the vendor/supplier is significantly higher than the value available for the same product externally.
- Price mismatch: contract: AppZen marks the invoice line as high risk if there is a price mismatch between the amount on invoice line v/s the price mentioned on the contract for that product/service.