Auditors will be able to pull in additional information from employee expense reports in Concur and Chrome River ERP's.
Functional admin can configure line-level custom fields, which will save aud time toggling between two systems to gather more information on an expense. This will also help auditors understand which expenses fall under project identification or reason types so reimbursements can be applied to the right department or budget.
For example, to easily identify and track which expense reports were submitted by their sales or marketing team, users can create and map a “department” field that auditors would be able to see at the line level of the expense report.
Things to know about line level custom fields
- Fields that we support – Concur’s available custom fields for configuration should include all custom fields from Concur: (e.g., Custom1, Custom2, Custom3, Custom4, Custom5) and Org units 1 - 6.
- Set-up by users with Super/Partner or Functional Admin access – Mapping custom fields from Concur to AppZen can be done by users with Super/Partner or Functional Admin access only.
- Custom fields are set up across all organizations – All custom fields that are mapped to AppZen will appear in the line level for all orgs and policies, not per org/policy.
- Limited to four custom fields – Customers will be able to map and add a total of four custom fields.
- Retroactively add fields for all previously audited expense reports – Upon mapping a custom field, new fields will retroactively be added to the expense report details of all previous reports audited by AppZen.
- Custom fields are not included in reports today – For this release, custom fields will not appear in reports, however, there are plans in the future to include these in reporting.
- Users cannot filter by custom fields , custom fields will not be available for the advanced filtering, however, there are plans in the future to include these in reporting.
To map and add a custom field, a user must have the correct user role – those who do will need to expand the “Expense Setup & Admin” tab and then select the “Custom Field(s)” tab on the left-hand side, as seen below.
Then Functional Admins can label the name of the custom field such as “Department.” or “Company”. This will appear as the field title within the details section of all expense reports in AppZen. Once the field is given a label, Functional Admins must click on the drop-down arrow to select the corresponding field within Concur they wish to map. This can be either a custom field or the org unit that has already been set up and configured in Concur.
When setting up the custom field in Concur, remember which number it is, for example, “OrgUnit 1” or “OrgUnit 2” ,“Custom 7” or “Custom 8” as the selections within AppZen will be listed by the field number and not by the titles within Concur.
Once the fields are chosen, you have the option to either click “Preview” or “Apply”. Admins can click the preview button to check look and feel before confirming the changes.
When the configuration is confirmed, click the “Apply” button. A success message will appear to confirm the changes. Images below show the fields in Concur and how they look in AppZen on the line level once the configurations are set: