With the bulk assignment feature, the Expense Queue Admin will be able to keep track of an auditor workload and streamline workflow. Expense reports that are in “needs review” status will be selected by default to be bulk assigned and distributed to auditors.
For example, there are 515 expense reports on the workbench; however, the bulk assignment is only recognizing 309 reports to be assigned to auditors. By default, we take the total number of reports that are in “needs review” so auditors can take action. The remaining 206 reports on the workbench are in a different status other than “needs review,” click here for more information on our AppZen audit statuses. This feature is active for all customers but can be disabled upon request.
Workbench number of reports:
Reports for bulk assignment:
The auditor responsible for distributing expense reports to other auditors will require an “Expense Queue Admin” user role.
Here are steps to use bulk assignment:
Log in to your account and go to the “audit” section on the menu and click the “expense reports” menu option.
On the workbench click on the “bulk assign” button to start assigning expense reports to the team of auditors.
After clicking the “bulk assign” button you will see the bulk assignment menu:
- Needs Review: All expense reports that are bulk assigned requires the status to be in “needs review.”. Reports that are in needs review will be selected by default if the user does not specify any report status in the filter.
- Filters: The queue admin can use the advanced filters to pinpoint specific expense reports based on risk and/or audit model to bulk assign. The criteria for the filter will be listed in this section. Please note: The number of reports to assign to auditors will depend on the filter being used.
- Date Range: Shows the date range selected from the workbench
- Reports: An expense queue admin can only bulk assign up to 1000 expense reports at a time. If there are more than 1000 reports that need to be assigned, click the “x” from the progress overlay and click on the “bulk assign” button again to assign the remainder of the expense reports to the auditors.
Unassigned Reports - The total number of expense reports that are currently unassigned.
Assigned Reports - The total number of reports that are currently assigned to auditors.
5. Auditors: List of auditors that can action reports, the number next to the auditor name is the current list of reports that are assigned and in “needs review” status regardless of the filter and date range selected.
After selecting the auditors to distribute expense reports, click on the “assign” button.
This is a summary and confirmation of the changes. You can click the “back” button to make additional edits or click “confirm” to finalize the assignment. Upon clicking the “confirm” button an overlay showing the progress of the assignment will display on the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
Once the process is complete you’ll see the confirmation message letting you know that the assignment is done.
Reassignments from an Auditor to another Auditor(s)
The bulk assign feature gives the expense queue admin the ability to re-assign expense reports to another auditor. If (Auditor A) is out of the office or on vacation and you want to re-assign the expense report to another Auditor (Auditor B) here is how:
- Create a filter for Auditor A. (Filter = Assigned Auditor is Auditor A)
- Choose your date range
- Click on the “bulk assign” button
- In the bulk assignment, menu click the “assigned reports” radial button. This is selecting all the reports originally assigned to (Auditor A).
- Next, choose (Auditor B) by selecting the checkmark box next to the name
- Click the “assign” button when you are done making your selections
Please note: Auditor A and B have to be associated with the same organization. Additionally, a report belonging to an organization can be assigned to the auditor only if that auditor has access to the organization.
Assigning an expense report to an auditor that doesn’t have access to the organization will result in an error. On the progress overlay, the failed message will appear with a link. Click on the link and then the “try again” popup will show the report that failed along with the reason.